No products in the cart.
Due this year? With so many baby products on the market, figuring out what to buy for your newborn can be a challenge – especially if you’re intent on cutting down on clutter. Don’t fret, however, as we’ve narrowed it down to the top 10 most useful items that we consider to be ‘must haves’ for all new parents. Plus, we’ve got some fab suggestions on making the best choice in each category. Take a look at our list and let us know if there is anything else you would add!
1. Car seat: The all-important buy for bringing your little bundle home safely from the hospital. In our view, the Maxi-Cosi Pebble Plus, AED1,350/OMR135, is one of the best on the market, with its ‘baby-hugg’ inlay, which offers a better fit and lying position for your newborn. Use it with the 2wayFix base.
2. Nappies: Small babies require around eight to ten nappy changes a day, on average. Cut down on waste by opting for eco-friendly cloth diapers. We rate Bum Genius Freetime Cloth Nappies, AED90/OMR9. Cute and colourful, they are ideal for keeping your baby dry and comfortable during the daytime. Fits those weighing 8-35lbs.
3. Bottles: Whether you choose to breastfeed or formula feed, you are going to need some bottles to hand. The Dr Browns Gift Set, from AED149/OMR14.9, contains everything you need to get started. The bottles are known to help reduce feeding niggles such as colic, spit-up, burping and gas. In a pink or blue design, available in the regular or wide neck design.
4. Baby bath: Bathing is a great way to help establish a good nighttime routine from the outset. Make it easier to handle a slippery newborn with the Blooming Bath Plush Baby Bath, AED249/OMR24.9, which is made from super soft material and can conveniently be used in the sink. Suitable for ages 0-6 months.
5. Skincare: Finding gentle products to use on baby’s delicate skin is now easier than ever and there are lots of great brands to choose from. One of our favourites is Original Sprout vegan hair and skin products that use only the safest, soothing, organic and natural ingredients. The Original Sprout Baby’s First Bath Kit, AED145/OMR14.5, is a great way to introduce yourself to the brand. Four Cow Farm is another ‘clean’ choice. The Four Cow Farm Nappy Cream, AED68/OMR6.8, is a handy buy.
6. Sleep suits: Who doesn’t love a snuggly onesie? Keep baby comfortable at bedtime with super soft sleep suits. Babidu ‘Cloud’ Sleep Suits, AED130/OMR13, are made from Egyptian cotton with stud fastening down the front and along the legs for easy dressing and nappy changes.
7. Swaddles: Swaddling’s ability to soothe and calm babies has been known to mothers around the world for countless generations. It recreates the secure and cosy feeling of the womb. A breathable muslin swaddle such as aden + anais Classic Swaddles (4 pack), AED280/OMR28, helps reduce the risk of overheating. Plus, the designs are simply gorgeous.
8. Sleeping bag: A popular choice among parents of older babies, sleeping bags keep your little one snug and secure without the need for top sheets. We adore the elegant Baby Ole Newborn Sleeping Bags, AED 295/OMR29.5, featuring lace and hand-embroidered details.
9. Bassinet: A compact, comfortable bassinet that you can place by your bedside is ideal for those early weeks and months. The Babyhome Dream Bassinet, was AED1,299/OMR129.9 now AED 974.25/OMR97.4, is an extremely lightweight cot and can be easily configured in stationary or rocking position. It also has wheels so you can move it around the house. More importantly, the high-density foam mattress provides the ultimate comfort for baby.
10. Stroller: For when you’re ready to get out and about and face the world, you need a nifty stroller. One of the most popular choices among new mums on the move is the BabyZen YOYO Stroller 0+, AED2,379/OMR237.9. Suitable from birth to 6 months, this lightweight, easy to fold and unfold stroller is small enough to take onboard the aeroplane as cabin baggage! Ideal for those first trips home to see the family.